Six Heating Tips to Save You Money
From Energy Star here are six tips to help you save on your heating bill this winter in Williamsburg, VA:
1. Use a programmable thermostat: Program the thermostat to match your schedule. You can lower the temperature by 5-8 degrees when your away or asleep and see savings.
2. Seal leaks and insulate: Seal air leaks using caulk and spray foam or weather stripping. Insulate the attic to block winter heat loss and summer heat gain. This could help you save $200 per year.
3. Install a door sweep: Door sweeps, or weather stops for garage doors, seal the gap between the bottom of the door and the threshold prevent cold air from entering and warm air from leaving.
4. Use a fireplace damper: Fireplace dampers eliminate drafts by sealing your fireplace shut when you are not using it.
5. Replace screens with storm windows: During winter months replace your screens with storm windows to add an extra barrier.
6. Use a space heater: If you have an old or inefficiency furnace or heat pump you may be a able to save by turning your thermostat down and running a space heat in the room you wish to heat.
You May Also Like
Why Is My Air Conditioner Freezing Over in Willia, Virginia?
The air conditioning system is necessary for comfort and maintaining a healthy environment in Willia, VA. Everything from offices to homes should… Continue Reading Why Is My Air Conditioner Freezing Over in Willia, Virginia?…
When to Use the Fan on Your Thermostat in Williamsburg, VA
All of the different settings on your thermostat come in handy as the temperatures in Williamsburg, VA fluctuate. One setting you may… Continue Reading When to Use the Fan on Your Thermostat in Williamsburg, VA…
Should Your Heat Pump Run Non-Stop in Hampton, VA?
A heat pump is an important part of an HVAC system, and when it’s not running properly, you’ll want to find out… Continue Reading Should Your Heat Pump Run Non-Stop in Hampton, VA?…