Six Heating Tips to Save You Money
From Energy Star here are six tips to help you save on your heating bill this winter in Williamsburg, VA:
1. Use a programmable thermostat: Program the thermostat to match your schedule. You can lower the temperature by 5-8 degrees when your away or asleep and see savings.
2. Seal leaks and insulate: Seal air leaks using caulk and spray foam or weather stripping. Insulate the attic to block winter heat loss and summer heat gain. This could help you save $200 per year.
3. Install a door sweep: Door sweeps, or weather stops for garage doors, seal the gap between the bottom of the door and the threshold prevent cold air from entering and warm air from leaving.
4. Use a fireplace damper: Fireplace dampers eliminate drafts by sealing your fireplace shut when you are not using it.
5. Replace screens with storm windows: During winter months replace your screens with storm windows to add an extra barrier.
6. Use a space heater: If you have an old or inefficiency furnace or heat pump you may be a able to save by turning your thermostat down and running a space heat in the room you wish to heat.
You May Also Like
Sometimes, your air conditioner may act unusually, leaving you worried. One of the unusual things your AC may do is to turn… Continue Reading Why Does My AC Keep Turning On and Off in Hampton, VA?…
Your air conditioner may be unable to cool your whole home due to several factors. Luckily, there are things you can do… Continue Reading 3 Solutions for Uneven Cooling in Your Poquoson, VA Home…
If your home or place of business in Poquoson, VA relies on a backup generator in the event of a power outage,… Continue Reading 3 Signs Your Backup Generator Needs Servicing in Poquoson, VA…